Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Can a kitten's personality change a lot?

Has any one had a kitten whose personality changed a lot as it grew up? For example it was really cuddly at first, but later didn't like to be held. Or it was shy and timid, but then became super social? I assume this must happen sometimes; I just wonder how common it would be.Can a kitten's personality change a lot?
I am a cat lover and have had cats my entire life. It took me a long time to come to the firm conclusion that cats change just like people do. I often chose kittens based on their color, how ';cute'; or playful I thought they were.



Now, I never take a cat that is still in the kitten stage because I really want a cat with a great personality and at that age, it is really hard to tell what they will be like. I think the best time to pick a cat is when they are around 7 - 10 months old. By this time, they have usually developed their pattern of behavior and if they are loving, affectionate and calm then they are a keeper (at least for me anyway).Can a kitten's personality change a lot?
yes, their personality can change when they get older
Approximately 75% of a kitten's personality is formed by the time it's 12 weeks old, and the remaining 25% is formed before the kitten is 6 months old. No kitten that I have ever known or heard of 'changed completely' in ways similar to the question you asked ... but I have owned cats that were 'standoffish' unless I was ill ... then they became very loving, slept beside me in bed and 'watched over me' until I got better ... then went back to being standoffish.
Yea, my kitten did this when I adopted him. He was super scared of me and then turned into psycho crazy hyper kitty, who wouldn't give me a peaceful night's rest, and then I got him neutered thinking it would calm him down, but no, he's worse and likes to play bite. Cats do change drastically from kitten to cat, it's just how they are.
Yea a lot of kittens change as they grow older, just like little kids change as they grow into adults. When my cat was a kitten she was cuddly and sometimes even fell asleep in peoples' laps but now it's almost impossible to get her on your lap! She's also mostly a loner and doesn't get along with other cats except her mama but she's starting to warm up to people a lil more. Also, my aunt had a kitten who loved people but now he hides everytime someone tries to come near him.
Yes, it can.
  • tvs
  • 4stuff for sale
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment