Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How can I change my personality?

I hate my personality so much..

I think im a nice enough person..but so quiet and socially awkward.

I've just started college and its hard to make friends..Ive talked to a few people but I don't think they like me because im so quiet..(I talk..it just takes me awhile to get used to people!

What can I do to change this?

I want people to actually like being around me!

=[How can I change my personality?
changing your personality is easier said than done. Personality is who we are and is one of the things that seperate us from others. Sadly, we are constantly bombarded by advertisements that say (in effect) ';wear this prefume and have men falling at your feet';, or ';drive this car and experience adventure';, stuff like that. And we begin to feel that if we DON'T do what the ads say, we are/will be, less happy, less popular, or less important, blah blah blah. Your personality is YOU and no matter what, there are people out there who share your type and with whom you are/will be compatible with. (you know, the old there-is-someone-for-everybody-you just haven't-met-them-yet comment). If you show interest in others, they will show interest in you. Keep in mind, your personality will continue to grow and evolve and the fact you are ';quiet'; is not necessarily a bad thing. Hey, people always tell me i ';talk too much';, so my point is, forget about these people and just ';be who you are'; and eventually, you'll be fine. Good luck.How can I change my personality?
Be yourself show your unique character i am sure someone might like your character die hard if not i will accept you as a friend.
I am exactly the same and am very worried about going to uni next year. I have learnt however that changing your personality isnt the best thing as people never normally like who they change into. Be yourself and people will accept you and you will make friends!!!!
im the same, i always have been... but i go to drama classes, which really boosts my confidence, it helps me be able to controll my voice and i have met so many new friends at the drama class (which is great because we all have something in common: drama)



i know some people get stage fright, and i used to, but its different with drama because if you mess up, its not you...its someone else entirely!!!



its great fun, and when i tell people that i go to drama classes they find it really interesting and its a good talking point. once you have a talking point you have a connections, and connections lead to friends YAY!!



i hope this helps



=)
I totally empathize with you. Sometime it feels like we don't belong but we'll get over it. Hopefully. Because I think it's sad and pathetic that I'm 19 and still a gauche with no friends, whatever your definition of friends may be.. I believe it's a mental disorder. Possibly associated with our childhood.



I've joined an organization at my school to try to overcome my social anxiety. We will be doing community service and group activities. Although I don't think I'll be joining the activities, I'll just be doing the service. I'm hoping to meet some people that will accept me for who I am. You should join a club too. I hope things will get better for you.
Alva,

kewl name!!



change your actions, your self - image would shift and the personality would follow



thats what job, for example , does to a person.





you see being quite is good. you made your first step to a change.

take the second one, that means talking to one persone, then another..even short conversation is good!



people build confidence gradually.

like a fledgling that tries to fly or baby that starts to crawl..everything works as trail and error.



everyone has got the time to fly. stop comparing yourself to others.

others dont define you and even if they did, your actions are separate from their opinions?!?

why not just to take an action!



start with less popular people like you..

or

people who are very accepting



see them and collect them like shiny perils on a coast.

They are there for you to collect..like a gift.

i mean if you see a friend as a gift..would you reject it? wouldnt you change the way you treat people//



social skills is 80% about listening and giving attention. encourage a person to speak (by nodding a lot , and mimicking his facial expression near the end of his speach- increases rapport).



ask yourself how you view people? are they a threat?



write down your values on a sheet of paper. where does a friend rank?

if they dont rank as your 4 top values. then , you can see where your problem lies.



friends worth a lot, cause they give us:



1) Self-esteem

2) Companionship

3) Compasion

4) Emotional and Physical/material support

5) Social Skills for future relationships

6) Give you advice and tell you about their life experience (like me)



Famous leaders and successful business man, did it mostly cause of friends



i hope some of the things i discussed, influenced your perception..even in its slightest,. i am 26, and i consider you as having a potential and the time to change your personality to your desire
Your problem is not your personality.... That is a mistake which is based in the premise that I am who I am and ';shy';, ';quiet'; and ';socially awkward'; is part of who I am.



Such an assumption becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.



To make a change, all you have to do is:



1) Learn to present yourself a little better (just in how you smile or say hello can make a big difference in how ppl will respond),



2) Learn to read ppl (body language) a little better so you can see the feedback better, and



3) Don't take the opinions of others so personally. (Everyone is living their own lives. Trying to do the best they can. Afraid of stuff. They have their own prejudices that affect how they see others including you. And, don't assume that someone who seems so put together and confidence has Life figured out any better than you. Many of them just have a better ';poker face'; than you do.)



To start.... Try reading this book:



http://www.amazon.com/How-Talk-Anyone-Su



Good luck and be well.



P.S. - As you gain in social skills and having success, you will find your confidence will grow as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment