Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I hate myself, how do I change my personality?

I have this personality where people seem to enjoy picking on me. Ever since High School I've been too nice to people and they just take advantage of me. I thought it was just kids being kids, but still at the age of 25 I find myself being made fun of and having ';bullies';. I don't know if its my personality or what. Or maybe I'm too sensitive to guys being guys?I hate myself, how do I change my personality?
Well, whatever you do, don't stop being nice. There is plenty of ignorant arrogance in this world, and very little kindness and benevolence.



But, if hoping for advice, I would have to quote Socrates, and say ';The shortest and surest way to live with honor in the world is to be in reality what we would hope and appear to be; all human virtues increase and strengthen themselves by the practice and experience of them';



You just lack confidence brother, and you can't be cool unless you think you are.

That, and don't feed into it. Next time someone gives you ****, look bored. Cold, indifferent. Like there unbelievably unimportant. And if you can manage it, make a crack about being intellegent, because most bullies arnt. But dont force it. And dont be afraid.I hate myself, how do I change my personality?
Its easy to change your personality, just pick the one you want. Others perception of it will very anyway. For me its tattoos! I don't care what others think about them or myself for that matter. Its how they make me feel, and that controls my thoughts and that negative attitude I see from other people is gone! Im who I am and so are you. Those who pick on others ';bullies'; for the most park are nothing without who they seek out! Change your thoughts it WILL change your life
Separate who you are, a human deserving of dignity and respect and what you do, be nice. People seem to pick up on the idea that maybe you do not respect nor dignify yourself. Set limits, be good and nice, but stop any behavior that violates you dignity and you respect.
funny, i have always been a mocker and a bully. i have come to realize that had much to do with why nobody likes me anymore. so it works both ways. i guess breaking through the denial and seeing the light is the key. know it, experience the pain, and accept it or work on change. knowing it, accepting it is a long process and maybe that alone forces you to regroup and try other ways. it is like rebuilding an engine. first you gotta take it apart and replace worn parts and put it all back together. maybe it will be better than new if you do it right and don't cut corners with cheap parts.
The people that pick on you want you to hate yourself because they hate themselves.



They see you as an easy giddy pig for their problems. You have to remember that misery loves company.



You're around these people for a reason. Subconciously you might think that they are better then you.



That's why you let them get away with stuff. The best advice I can give you is to stay far away from negative people.



Stop being around (if you can) negative people. They just want to bring you down with them.



You have to go through life for the most part being alone. I think you need to concetrate on you before you make any rational decision to change yourself.



I mean is it really your personality that is causing these problems or is it the negative people who see something special in you, that they want to beat it out so you can feel as low as them?



Also being nice and being senstive is a good thing. I wish more people were like that then there might be a better world.



It is important to change for the better, but remember that its probably not you who needs to change, maybe you should change the people your around.
I think that from within we know who we are and we should never change that. Our gut will tell us when we should change little aspects of us but the core of us remains the same if you know what I mean. Don't change for others change if you want to for yourself but don't become someone you aren't.



Everyone as hard as it is, needs to learn to become a stronger person and stand up for themselves. Say to yourself I am who I am don't like it then tough -beeep-. Don't be effected by others making fun of you feel pity for them for those who make fun of you are the ones who are upset with themselves so therefore they resort to making fun of others so they feel ';above'; you and others.
ok, first you must have a role model, or a 'theme'



practise this, and keep telling yourself the whole day how this role model would act in these situations



if you mess up, do it right next time



after a while it will become natural to you, so dont worry



if all else fails, guys will be guys and unfortunately theres nothing you can do about it
wow...I'm sorry to hear that.....but you shouldn't change for anyone..but if you really feel its your personality...well do you laugh too much..you know play around and stuff...are you annoying to others...talk to much?? well if you do want to change you have to find out what it is that make people dislike you....
Ask yourself this:



do you hate yourself because of how people have treated you?

or do you hate yourself because you've had horrible people treat you like crap?

Do you want to change your personality because people have picked on you + you want to conform + be accepted by them?



Let me begin to say that you do NOT deserve that! People treat others bad so they make themselves feel less weak + more in power.



I would advise you to stick up for yourself! Silence does more than words ever could.



If something really bothers you however + you can't let it go + you feel you would regret it if you didn't say anything, speak UP! God gave you a voice! Use it!



Most people are always going to be a jerks + it's a part of life. I'm not saying it's right but the greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.



I would advise you to meet people who will encourage you + be there for you + show you that there is good in the world + people that care.



You do not in any way shape or form deserve that kind of treatment from people! You are worth so much more than that! What they are saying is lies to bring you down. Believe that + realize that. The best part about lies is that THEY ARE LIES. THEY AREN'T THE TRUTH! Why listen to that?



Words can hurt. I'm not going to sugar coat it. It takes strength to lift your head up high + not sink down to their level + be the better person.



Your situation + quest for strength is in my prayers.
You sound like a nice person. Sometimes people target the nice person because they feel like they can get away with being a jerk. Are you surrounding yourself with unkind people?

My next question is what is your self esteem like? When you said you hate yourself, it gives me the impression that your self esteem is not that great. Jerks may think that you have no confidence in your self, so they make you a target.



You may need to distance yourself from these ';bullies'; and surround yourself with people who treat you kindly and respect you.

No comments:

Post a Comment