Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How do i change my personality to make me less awkward...and tell storys better?

it's really wierd but my mom is one way...and i guess i sort of took after her because she raised me like that...im not weird or anything I have a lot of friends but i'm not as outgoing as i would like to be...which is a big problem that i think about all the time. I just want to be able to talk to people better and tell storys better.How do i change my personality to make me less awkward...and tell storys better?
I'd have to say that those of us that have gotten to know you on Y!A think that you're a good communicator. The questions you post and the anwers you give are most certainly making their way way from your heart/brain...down through your arms to your fingertips.



It's ok to be an introvert.



I wish I had some good advice for you on this one.How do i change my personality to make me less awkward...and tell storys better?
You can try buying an inexpensive webcam and then record yourself talking about your day. Then review the video and see what you can improve on. I've tried this and I don't know if it helped since I don't do it consistently, but if you make an effort, you should improve at least a little since you're getting practice. :)
i know exactly what u mean.



one way is to be more secure with yourself. when u r secure it shows.



talk about things u do know about. like for instance if the conversation is about football and u know nothing about it. then just ask questions and listen.



another thing is that people sometimes like to be heard. so instead of doing the story telling, just listen and the conversation should flow.
Read these two books:



1. Psycho-psybernetics

2. How to win friends and influence people



They will teach you different aspects, but they are both very helpful..
Ask someone to watch you and start a conversation with them. Later ask them to see if you can improve with anything... Or... This is my favorite one

because it's also an excuse to go to the movies. ;] Watch a movie with a great speaker or your friend. When you're done, give them a short summary of what the movie was like. Ask them if it was a good summary. Hope you have a movie in mind and this works out well for you!
i dont think it's wise to change yourself. if you suddenly change yourself, what about your friends? wouldn't they miss the old you that they knew? you knows, maybe the you that you are now is what you were meant to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment