Monday, June 6, 2011

Does the real personality come out when drunk?



I was just curious about this....what do you think?.....

I've never been drunk so I don't know if I would change personality wise or anything



I have been high before...off Weed/Marijuana but that just makes me tired, yawning and that which sucks...It don't make me more confident....I'm probably less talkative than when I am sober



I am kind of a shy person....exp with females...when Im not in sitations...I have this huge imagination...of how to approach a woman....or how to talk to them.......but I just don't have the nerve....when I am close to the situation....I just back down...I say forget it....



When im sober...i'm just a quiet person....most of the time....not that talkative....or anything.....

Im not at all good at all when it comes to starting conversations.....





I was just kind of curious Does the real you (personality wise) come out when drunk?....Does the real personality come out when drunk?
i think the alcohol takes over the body and instead of it being you talking, its the alcohol. drinking makes people do stupid things they wouldn't normally do.Does the real personality come out when drunk?
I haven't drank in years but when I am ot drunk I am not the one who initiates sex. When I am drunk, I am like the crazy energizer bunny. When I am sober I am someone who tries to talk out problems, and have never been in an actual fight in my life. When I am drunk, I want to tell everybody off, and smack everyone around. When I am sober I am clothed. When I am drunk, I could care less if I am naked. LOL
I hope it isn't the real person you see when someone is drunk. My ex-husband used to get **** faced drunk, slobber and piss all over himself, become violent and stupid. I'll never forget the demonic look he would get sometimes when he was drunk.
It depends on how you might define ';real personality.';



Take our daughter's exes, the two most recent ones. Both were nice-enough guys sober, but with their inhibitions loosened by alcohol, were verbally abusive, racist, jealous, insecure, spitefully envious of wealth or education, sexually demanding, and otherwise charming.



Take also our daughter, a woman who's struggled with shyness her whole life. With her inhibitions loosened by alcohol, she becomes more confident, friendly, able to look people in the eye, and considerably more talkative.



Were the personality traits we see after liquor the real selves, or just a version of the real selves? Open to debate.
no it don't bring out the real you.. it does let you socialize more, when your drunk you just talk with out thinking! some will say that's the real you but the real you thinks prior to talking so how can that be real!



Liquid courage is all it is!


Its a good question, but the answer is less satisfactory. People respond in different ways to others when they become drunk. Some become more friendly and have less inhibitions. For them it is a way of being able to be more sociable. Others become harder and cruel, willing to pick on other people to make trouble and cause offense for the smallest reason and to get involved in fighting and crude behavour. These people become brave as lions but with more alcohol they cease to be so strong and become foolish in what they do.



The subject is psychologically interesting because of the question about ';the real you';. It seems to me that there is no real you except for the set of personal rules which we all make for ourselves in order to mix in society. Many of these seem to be instinctive or just common sense, but we all have them and they comprise the background to our characteristics. This is about as real as it gets.



Drunken people forget to behave according to these rules with a whole variety of different possible features being exhibited such as those as noted above. This is less real but it might be said to be more close to the basic nature of the person. However it is not according to his/her assumed personality (which is usually a comfortable one where he/she wishes to stay) - we are more complex than that!



Whilst I don't recommend drunkenness it is something that we should all try, if for no other reason that to know how the drunk person feels at the time as well as the following morning!. The degree of drunkenness is important. A few social drinks enable people to be less shy but too much and we loose our equilibrium in the physical and mental meanings of that word.
  • how to talk to men
  • peculiar personal problem
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment