Monday, June 6, 2011

Would you ever date someone with Multiple Personality Disorder?

Honestly, would you? I have MPD, and I imagine it would be confusing for someone to date me. For those of you who don't fully understand what this is, it's not like I feel a shudder through my body and suddenly change personalities. You know how you can change the settings on your computer? Well, if my brain was a computer, it's changing settings at random. There's no warning, you don't feel anything, and you lose recent memories of your other personalities and things that happened. I'll change my opinions, the way I talk, my attitude towards life, and won't remember what I used to be like unless it's somehow documented and someone shows me. If you interviewed me, then interviewed me again in maybe an hour, it would be like interviewing 2 totally different people. I also sometimes forget events that happened before the personality switch. Heck, I could have changed personalities in the middle of writing this. However, I don't think I've ever switched back and forth between dialogue and my personalities talked to each other. Anyway, do you think you'd be able to handle dating someone like me? All four of my personalities are in love with this guy, but I'm afraid he wouldn't want to be with me because of my MPD.Would you ever date someone with Multiple Personality Disorder?
I live with DID, and had the dx around the time I met my hubby. People with MPD/DID are able to lead normal lives just like everyone else. When I was dating, I was nervous about his reaction too. It was tough at first to learn to trust (many multiples have trust issues), but when we were ready, we up'd and spit it out! First, we explained about the dx, and what it was and how it came about (minus triggering details)-- let it sink in, then little by little we began to emerge and now knowing that I was being more than moody, learned to sort us out as individuals (for better or worse, lol). The biggest issues had nothing to do with dating itself, it was more the baggage we are carrying that had us become dissociative to begin with. My husband is a very loving and patient man, we are married now for 7 1/2 years and have 2 beautiful children. E-mail me if u want vault2007@yahoo.comWould you ever date someone with Multiple Personality Disorder?
Well, I don't know how old you are, but I would recommend dating someone that is 20-30 years older than you. I'm assuming your in twenties, maybe around 22-23 years old. Older man would have more patience with you. I would also recommend that you become an expert in knowing men, and in communication/body language and of course become an expert in emotional Intelligence. I also recommend that you talk to men on this site to just be friends with. Ask them questions about men, etc.. Good luck. Don't do anything about this guy you like, just forget about a relationship for now.
  • dvr
  • laptop peak replacement
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment