Monday, June 6, 2011

How much of our personality can we change once we reach adulthood?

I once heard that someone's personality is pretty much set in stone by age 7. Later, though, I read that psychologists had found that people's personalities can change even after they have reached adulthood. How much of our personalities are really under our control? Can we completely transform ourselves into an entirely different person if we choose to do so?How much of our personality can we change once we reach adulthood?
Any or all that you want. I am not the same person I was as a young person or even young adult. I have had a total change. It is not easy, it is not done overnight, %26amp; you will need help, but it can be done. That's just the way I am are the deadliest words in the universe. Just as in nature, to not grow %26amp; change is to die.How much of our personality can we change once we reach adulthood?
I don't think you can totally change. There are always parts of you that I think are learned behaviors, and I think it is truly the hardest to break these. I see myself do the same things my mom does that drives me crazy, and swore I would never do as and adult. I think you can work on certain parts of your personality but I think that to change yourself totally is impossible, plus would you really want to? I mean there has got to be parts of yourself that you like anyway. Right?
As life progresses a person becomes more mature, quieter, peaceful and harmonious with his surroundings and with everyone.

A persons personality might develop around the age of 7 if so then sure that would give answer to the boys stance or his qualities to look into.

This would also answer why grown ups refer back to days of where and when - though placing an actual number on this factor in time is astounding.

We transform by age - basic concept is the same kid on the block is only a tad older...no one likes to get older...so we're all big kids at heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment