Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Changing personality at school?

In school I am really shy, lots of people wonder if I'm sad because i never talk. I'm very pretty and talented but boys are scared of me and can't figure me out because I never say anything. I'm really not a shy person inside. My school shyness has effected my abilitie to make friends, I only have a one or two close friends, as soon as paople are around me they right away put stereotype me into the shy group and it really hurts my feelings.



This year I need to step out abit more and be more outgoing, have more friends and be more relaxing to be around. I need to know how to do that with out completely changing the shy part of me. I don't want to be a total drama queen/miss popular but I definitly don't want to go back to miss mysterious. Any suggestions on how to do that? PLEASE HELP ME THIS SHYNESS IS GOING TO RUIN MY LIFE!!Changing personality at school?
School is a time to grow and find yourself. The fact that you are thinking about this and addressing this probably means you won't always be shy.



A good start to becoming a little more communicative is to simply say what is on your mind. If you think of something, a question, or something that happened to you don't be afraid to share it. Also say hi to people, that makes you seem approachable. When you are feeling shy, don't focus on it and worry about it, just go on doing what you were doing or find something else to think about. Worrying about your shyness is self defeating.



I think your shyness might dissipate as you get more self confidence, and self confidence comes with maturity, experience, and understanding yourself. That's not to say you will become a type A person who talks to everyone, but you could become comfortable with your ability to communicate.



Good Luck!Changing personality at school?
Last year, all of my friends left me to go to other schools. I went to a school, and I didn't know anyone. So people stayed away from me. I think you should just let yourself out. Try to be as friendly as possible with anyone you meet. Sometimes shyness just comes from being lonely. Sometimes it comes from fear of self.
Remember that one or two good friends is worth more than 100 back-stabbing, gossiping ones.



Be yourself--don't be intimidated by the group. Stick with your close friends--even if you do make more--as they are the ones who are there for you--and you for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment