Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Will someone with Narcissistic personality change?

I was reading on the Internet all the characteristic's of a Narcissistic. I was married to a man for 16yrs that had every characteristic. That's why I finally left He went right from our marriage to a relationship. Now he's marrying this woman and she has some of the same characteristics as him. Will he be different with her than he was with me? So far he hasn't been verbally abusive towards her or her kids. That's what I hear anyway. He pretty much is bending over backwards to do anything and everything she's wanting him to do. She is controlling to. Just wondering how this combination is going to work. Do they change for other people or in different dynamics? Just curious. So glad I left the situation and don't have to deal with it anymore. Sad for the future wife if she has to go thru it eventually. No one should have to endure that kind of abuse. It breaks you down.Will someone with Narcissistic personality change?
No, they don't change. They just put on the act of being normal to people they don't have the upper hand on yet for longer. I dated one too and still 7 years later, is just the same retard he was before.Will someone with Narcissistic personality change?
No. Narcissists never change.
I've probably read most of the same things that you did. I don't think that someone with this disorder can change. Having feelings for a person like this can only end in pain and tears.



As far as the other woman ... I don't think you can analyze someone like that when you don't really know them. Most people have a few narcissistic traits without having NPD. It's one of those things where you see it because that's what you're looking for.



Try not to worry about it, there's nothing you can do. You can't warn her, she has to find out for herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment