Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Personality change? ?

A couple of years back I was a nice positive person. Then, people started making fun of me and it made me all mad so I just shut myself away. I figured out it is very lonely, and I want to go back to the way I was. I DID try being nice to people, but it seems every time I talk now, everything that comes out of my mouth is mean. I'm going to high school next year, and I want to be the outgoing person I once was. I have been kind of depressed about this, and it seems really hard for me to open up to people now. Could anyone give me some tips on how to be a nice, outgoing person?Personality change? ?
You learned to respond a certain way to people making fun of you. Now, people have become a stimulus which you associate with aggression, so you understandably feel the need to withdraw to avoid harm.



You shut yourself out. Now, it is hard to unlearn that behavior when it keeps being reinforced (when you keep shutting yourself out). It is completely possible to unlearn it, though.



Just think carefully about what you say to people. Don't be quick to speak, or things will probably come out mean, like always. The more you do this, the more you'll realize that not everyone is going to be aggressive or mean towards you. You'll begin to unwind the association of ';personal contact'; and ';fear/anger response';



Just practice, little by little, talking to people in a nice friendly way. It won't happen overnight, but in time, you'll slowly become more open and outgoing.Personality change? ?
the best way is to ask questions and keep eye contact. it take the spotlight off you, and they think you are amazing because you listen and care.
you shouldnt have changed, just be really nice and go with the flow, ull definitely become a nice person again
Just chill out when you talk to people. It helps. And high school sucks so thanks for the points
dont try to be anything just be yourself

and just simply talk to other kids


You are who you are. People do not change us...we let people change us. There is a saying that goes, ';If we do not have anything nice to say, don't say anything.'; What I am trying to say is that you have options. Think before you say something to someone. Hanging around positive people might help.

You may also be going through some hormonal changes. Going through changes may make you say and do things that under normal circumstances you wouldn't do. Don't make things hard on yourself. Give yourself sometime and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment