Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What could have caused my daughter's drastic change in personality?

My daughter was always a really fussy irritable child, as she grew up she became very rebelious, she would do the opposite of everything I wanted. She was very popular at school and partied and had sex with guys and did drugs since she would always find ways to sneak out. It was very nerve racking and we would fight all the time because there was always something up with her, whether drugs, sex, shop lifting. She talked back all the time, would hit, yell, had the dirtiest mouth you could ever imagine, and was always disrespectful....Then last year all of a sudden she one day just stopped doing this stuff and changed and began acting very very sweet and well mannered, being very respectful and angelic and telling me how much she loves me everyday, being very close to me, apologizing for everything and not doing anything wrong anymore. She's 17 now and has been doing very well in school for the past year and tells me she wants to become a surgeon. Why did her personality change so drastically? Is this common with a lot of teens? Of course I'm thrilled that she's really changed but it seemed to happen so suddenly.What could have caused my daughter's drastic change in personality?
My mom always told me that girls are sweet until the day they get their menses and we turn overnight. I think you are the best person to answer thsi qHYtion. Maybe she went through something that scared her or she witnessed something. Maybe, your correct parenting helped her turn around or she got a small feel of how the wild side lived and she didn't like what she witnessed. If you have an open commnication with her, which I hope you do if not start. Ask her in a non confrontational manner what chnaged for her and keep this daughter close to you and enjoy your time with her. Good Luck!What could have caused my daughter's drastic change in personality?
the fact that her mother communicates with virtual strangers instead of having a conversation with her daughter.
If you're thinking that something happened, like a near death experience, or something crazy like that, then there are a million and one things that could have happened. Assuming that she isn't playing the nice card to get something, sometimes people come to the realization that they hurt others with their actions and that they need to change. I think your daughter is wise beyond her years if this is the reason for her attitude change.
Maybe she finally grew up. And maybe you need to talk to her and ask her why she changed so much. The fact is, while she is seventeen she still needs her mom and you are that person. Be more open with her. She deserves respect to and it is disrespectful for her mom to be having this conversation with strangers and not her daughter.
prehaps she read twilight and now she is holding out for edward cullen
children change in phases, your daughter is now becoming a woman you should be thankful she has taken this road i think she may be ready to enter the adult world and lead a good life so you should give her all your support and not question her unless she wants to talk about it
She is the one you need to talk to for this. Maybe she decided she didnt like who she was and wanted to change it. Maybe something happened to make her realize what she was doing was wrong. Maybe she was just testing limits, and found them. Maybe it was just a phase. Maybe she matured. There is really no way of knowing without talking to her directly about it.
She wants you to pay for med school.



No, I am just kidding.



Like someone said, ask her.
maybe she just matured and realised that everything she was doing was stupid and unkind to you
you know, im only 19, i left my house i was 18 with my now husband, just a year ago. when i was 15 i noticed that i would talk back to my mom, scream and just take everything wrong. Her voice would just irritate me i would as well sneak out of the house because my husband would would at denny's close to my house and i would go visit him like at 3 or 4 in the morning because i knew my mom was a heavy sleeper. when she found out everything i would do of course she was mad at me but i already knew what i had gotten myself into but at that time i didn't care because i was all caught up with my husband. we got into a huge argument my mom and me and i told her i was leaving. I left the house to go live with my husband. that same day that i was taking my stuff out my mom was there watching. I saw her cry her eyes out as for me too, but i kept my word nd moved out. that sam night i called my mom crying and told her to forgive me for everything i had done to her and that i really loved her so much that she couldn't imagine. ever since then our relationship grew really really strong that now i can talk to her about anything without hesitating. my mom then moved to orange with my dad because he's a welder and i stayed in brownsville with my husband. i talk to her on the phone everyday a i visit her on holidays or vacations.

I just thought i'd share something similar.

I mean, there comes a time where you stop and think, what am i doing? Im really hurting someone who cares and loves me enough to stand by me no matter what i do?





sorry for the story.lol

No comments:

Post a Comment