Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Tips for a personality change over ?

Hi

well how do i start.. i think i have been ignoring this for quiet a while now but its time to do introspection and do something about it

i have been a introvert,reserve kinda person from childhood ...Post graduation from a A grade college ,exposure to corporate world,climbing the management ladder in professional world has done the patch work in terms of gaining confidence in public speaking,taking the oweership of critical tasks but i am still lacking a lot in terms of giving too much attention on consequences. i am too scared to think of the results and its after effects be it in terms of scolding from Project manager if i deviate from a well defined process in job , taking sides of mother in a debatable issue of wife Vs My mother

Many a times i think i should have given a smart or subtle answer to a catch 22 situation at that instant itself but either i wont gather courage to say so or that answer would never strike at that moment and i will then repent later



I know not everyone is bestowed with all qualities

but can this be worked upon in a systematic manner

Even my wife,my inlaws and colleagues are aware of this shortcoming and they use to manipulate and use it to the best of their advantage



Anyone there who has been patient and kinda enuff to still read till this line would like to give any suggestion how to become bold,carefree,confident w/t sounding/behaving as dominating,aggressive and imposing ,i will be really thankful

Tips for a personality change over ?
You have to love yourself and be proud of who you are and not be afraid to assert yourself. Look at all of your accomplishments. Feel successful, but also strive to even better yourself more. Your worth should not be determined by the opinions of those in your life. And you also must realize that their opinions are only assumptions of how you portray yourself to them, not necessarily who you truly are. Open yourself up a bit. That's the first step. You have to let yourself be vulnerable to eventually become strong.Tips for a personality change over ?
get over yourself
I think you will benefit from at least a few sessions with a therapist who can help you understand what your true needs are that you are trying to express, and to give you an idea of the process involved in trying to address them.
I wonder...are you an only child? I have a theory that only children do not get the benefits of childhood confrontations and squabbles and forgiveness that people with siblings do. I also have trouble standing up to those who are most important to me and who may also be my superiors. I have accepted that I am not a leader, and that's not a bad thing. However, I do have opinions - even if it takes a while for me to work them out - and those opinions should be respected by those around me. These people who ';know'; about your doormat qualities and abuse them might not like it when you stand up to them because they aren't used to it. You may need to explain explicitly that you are consciously making a change and you could use their patience and understanding and respect during the transition. It will be scary at first to dissent from your expected responses and actions, but it is liberating and well worth the uncomfortable change. By the way, I've gotten to loathe the term ';doormat'; and am sorry to use it, but I want you to get what I'm saying. I've come to look at my behavior more as ';loyalty'; and in that way am learning to respect myself for who I am. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment