Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What could have caused my daughter's drastic change in personality?

My daughter was always a really fussy irritable child, as she grew up she became very rebelious, she would do the opposite of everything I wanted. She was very popular at school and partied and had sex with guys and did drugs since she would always find ways to sneak out. It was very nerve racking and we would fight all the time because there was always something up with her, whether drugs, sex, shop lifting. She talked back all the time, would hit, yell, had the dirtiest mouth ever, and was always disrespectful....Then last year all of a sudden she one day just stopped doing this stuff and changed and began acting very very sweet and well mannered, being very respectful and angelic and telling me how much she loves me everyday, being very close to me, apologizing for everything and not doing anything wrong anymore. She's 17 now and has been doing very well in school for the past year and tells me she wants to become a surgeon. Why did her personality change so drastically? Is this common with a lot of teens?What could have caused my daughter's drastic change in personality?
Maybe reality hit her, and it hit her hard. I've had to go through rehab and many other teenagers to understand how everything you do now affects you later. At first people don't get it but it will take time, sometimes for other kids around 5 hospital stays for it to get in their heads. And if you could think back, did you start to ignore the fact more often, or ease up on her. It's just what teenagers do, the exact opposite of whatever is wanted of them. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about this, if she could get an understanding without having to get sent off to learn it. I would be so thankful. Maybe she changed her religious beliefs, her morals, maybe a new role model, or even the same one who changed for the better. Whatever it is, it's having a positive effect on your daughter, and I wouldn't disturb it.What could have caused my daughter's drastic change in personality?
yea i used to be the same way from age 14 to age 16 now i am 18 and i cant belive i did that **** to my mom it is normal.
maybe something just opened her eyes. That happened to my friends son, pretty much the exact same thing and he has been doing pretty well.
To be honest, this is REALLY common, its a phase i guess, and im glad your daughter is over

it. its a really scary phase isnt it? :\
She's matured... she got smart.
shes a teen and she changes......

maybe someone something influenced her?

maybe she saw how sad she caused u to be?

whatver it wuz im happy 4 u, that she changed=)
Speaking from the point of view that im a 15 year old girl-

I would say that she is a changed person for the right reasons and is going to stay this way because i believe it to be fact that in everyones life they must go through a rebellion stage - a stage of ';fun';, partying not obeying the rules sometimes is a part of life just to go through this stage maybe not in the same extremity of your daughter but I would say that she just went throug the partying stage earlier than most, was she always mature this could be a contributing factor, her age didnt matter it was just her maturity. Some people go through this stage a few times because it is a way of breaking out of their normal life, the shell that they stay in most days is not being broken enough so rather than just stepping out of the shell when possible in an appropriate manner they bound out of their shell guns ablazing because they have been bottled up. I wouldnt worry if she is now doing well, maybe since she is now a more stable person you can talk to her about that stage of her life and explore any issues she or the two of you might have. Talking through things is good, but I wouldnt talk through it unless you have any problems even if they are small then talk because sometimes things are just better left alone. I hope your daughter is well and she makes wise desisions for her future.

I hope I helped

Keep in mind just from this situation I would suggest it was just a stage although there are other reasons for her actions this could include:

her age

the people she was mixing with

problems be it family,social or academic

Good Luck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment