Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Huge Personality Change. What's up with my brother?

My parents came to me the other day asking me if I noticed a change in my younger brother. I have worked with special needs children for many years and suffer from social and generilzed anxiety disorder so I know a lot about psycology and mental health. Thinking about it I really do see how they are concerned. At first I was thinking OCD, but I don't think it quite fits so I am looking for some input onto what might be wrong.



He is 11 years old (going into 6th grade in September) the youngest of four children and is a twin. There hasn't been any changes in the last year like a death, divorce, moving, etc. He used to be agressive, very outgoing, great sense of humor. Now he is very introverted, from playing football to carrying around stuffed animals, which isn't a huge deal. What scares us is that he thanks people for letting him help them, he says goodnight to each member of our family individually and won't stop saying goodnight until you answer him back, at least a dozen times a day he will tell my parents that he loves them in a baby voice and kisses them shoulder over and over, he appologizes for things we didn't even see him do or silly things like turing left instead of right and will talk about pointless things forever and has to pause to either fabricate or remeber detials of what he wants to say. He has also become a little to imaginitive. We just got back from a camping trip yesterday and our Dad asked where we wanted to go for day trips this summer. His twin brothers said a baseball game and he crafted up this giant stuffed animal/bookstore where you can actually walk into books and take home as many books and toys as you want for free. I mean I can see this in a 5 year old, but 11?



Anyways any input and suggestions are appreciated. I will choose best answer. Thanxx!Huge Personality Change. What's up with my brother?
boys open up more when they are doing something with there hands or when eating , then ask a way. They will tell you anything.Huge Personality Change. What's up with my brother?
take him to see a real psychologist, one that doesn't need to ask about it on yahoo answers ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment