Monday, November 22, 2010

Do you think it is possible to change your personality/ behavior?

I don't think so... I think a lot of your personality has to do with your genetics... Whenever I am myself, 8 hours of sleep, ate, etc. I will have the same personality 99% of the time. No matter how hard I try to behave differently, I just can't do it.



The only time my personality is different, is when the biological factors are off... For instance, when I have 3 hours of sleep... Or, when I don't eat... And the funny part is, that I don't even have to try to act differently.



What do you think?Do you think it is possible to change your personality/ behavior?
Humm..let me think of the best way to explain this. Your brain is like elastic...meaning that its not impossible to change and manipulate. As a child is growing up it's not uncommon for their personality to change a few times.



For example: a child that is very introverted can grow up to be the most lively, outgoing, and funny adult.



But, it's harder to change our personalities once we get older, because by the time we are 20 and 21 we usually have our identities/personalities set in stone.



%26amp; yes... genetics does play a major role in how we behave (but not completely). Most likely you have found a personality that works for you, and that you are comfortable with. Why would your brain need to change if it's content?Do you think it is possible to change your personality/ behavior?
Your personality is yours, its unique,



But...when it ';has'; be changed, then you can be conditioned to respond to things in a more positive, healthy way. But really you are just repressing behaviour that is natural to you.



Interesting question. Hard to answer.
Personality can be changed by Neuro Linguistic Programming.eg; self help CDs on Depression,stop smoking,letting go of the past etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment