Saturday, November 20, 2010

What is the best approach or method if you want to change your personality? Is it doable? If it is how?

I guess it's common for most people to hate some part of themselves and I do believe it's quite normal. But it does sometimes lead to our will to change a part of ourselves.



I am just thinking that we are given that personality by God. I am thinking that as long as its for our good that we change it's alright. But I'm quite a talkative and cheerful guy and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. At least that's what I know. But I want to have a character that is reserved and silent type. Like those characters in movies that rarely speak at all and very expressionless however when they speak, it is deep and full of wisdom. I am not sure if that's good though. I am not even sure if that would fit me.



I need opinions and insights...What is the best approach or method if you want to change your personality? Is it doable? If it is how?
Well, people are usually born predisposed to be one way or another. If you want to change the fact that you're introverted or extroverted, it may be difficult because, for the most part, that's been hardwired into you.



However, you can change your personality by being more conscious of it.



How do you want to act? How do you act when you're alone? What are your situational personalities (many people change the way they act depending on the situation, who is around, etc)?



Once you begin to understand the way you act, you can take proactive steps to modify the behavior. For example, if you tend to be loud in public and you want to modify this behavior, you first must be more aware of your actions as a whole. When you catch yourself being too loud, modify your volume.What is the best approach or method if you want to change your personality? Is it doable? If it is how?
through learning more you can change your perspective through paradigms.
Explore both your personality extremes, its possible. Same situation from comedy to suspense for Jim Carrey when he did his role in 23. People where surprised of that.
The first step is to learn to embrace those parts of you which you hate or feel cut off from. As long as you hate a part of yourself, you will be wounded, and it will be difficult to achieve lasting change.
Sometimes the things we don't like about ourselves are habitual behaviors that we can change. Instead of focusing on what we don't like, it is better to focus on what we want.



Do the things the person you want to be would do, you will become the person you want to be.
First of all think of the fruits of the spirit...

Galatians 5:22 %26amp; 23: ';On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, 23č½mildness, self-control.';



There is nothing wrong with being talkative and cheerful(those are good qualities), but use the fruits of the spirit to judge yourself. Is what you talk about in line with these things? Are you using self-control? There are right and wrong times to assert yourself, use common sense, show respect for others, learn to really listen to others, then what you say will have more meaning. I learned something that has been really invaluable to me, well, a couple of things, and I will share them with you. The first thing is empathy, which we can gain by really listening and caring for others. With empathy comes wisdom and insight. The second thing is that we have the ability to be ';response';able. We can choose the way we respond to any outside stimulus. We can choose our words, our reactions, and our actions. You already know that the Bible has wonderful advice about our personality. We can learn to imitate Jesus, and his early followers. They are wonderful examples for us...Never forget that one of the wonderful things about humans is their great diversity of personality..we are all unique and each person is special in their own way. We are all able to improve ourselves and that is a very great adventure...being able to model ourselves. It is very insightful to be able to look at ourselves objectively and see where we can make improvements and then to do it. Sel-awareness is a wonderful human ability!



Applying Bible principles to our lives greatly increases the value of our lives, not just for ourselves, but for all those around us. I think if we look at ourselves and think, ';I want to be the kind of person that I would want my best friend to be'; then we can be that person. I think to myself, ';I want to be the kind of person that God wants in his kingdom';...that is what I strive to be.



My insights and my opinions...hope they helped!
I think any change takes time like when people quit smoking and it's still in their system for many years. Every once in awhile I have a dream that I'm smoking again and depressed about it. I wake up relieved it was only a dream. I think some people can mellow over time anyway. There's always that alone time to reflect such as long walks. I think it's something similar to self hypnosis and meditation. Prayer might be to your higher self similar to the meditation/ logic. I think some people have acquired other peoples personalities such as in emulating them. My Brother does this using my fathers personality but tweaks it to make it his own.It's obvious to myself and others and which I think is a personality disorder anyway. Wanting to change and listening to other peoples advice seems to be a good start. Maybe some self diagnosis about your personality type? I believe there are surveys for this too. Maybe you are are referring to OCD?
  • how i can go to the us to work
  • What are duvet covers
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment