Saturday, November 20, 2010

My dog is almost 3 years old and not fixed. Will his personality change after?

He is sweet and hyper and playful and fun and has lots of energy. I don't want him to ';settle down';.. I love how he is. But if I get him neutered will he settle down? Or will he still be hyper, like I love?



Please give me honest answers, not answers that are'; pro-spay %26amp; neutering'; because that's all you've heard to do.

Thanks!My dog is almost 3 years old and not fixed. Will his personality change after?
My current female dog was three by the time I got around to spaying her. She's still the excited 'puppy'.

I know a ten year old lab who got neutered recently and he's still the same way. Hyper as ever.

My dog is almost 3 years old and not fixed. Will his personality change after?
My dog was exactly the same after being neutered.
He will be the same dog as before minus the testosterone fueled behavior.
His personality will not change.



When someone says that spay and neuter ';calms'; a dog.. what they really mean is that he becomes more focused. He's less concerned with seeking mates, marking territory, and fighting rival males. He becomes more focused on YOU



Ive seen dogs that were spayed and neutered at 2-3 years of age or older.. personalities did not change, they just became better pets because they were less driven by their hormones.
It's more important to have him neutered. Plus, there is notiably a less chance of getting cancer IF he is neutered. He will NOT change in the areas you are concerned about. :)



%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;--------Pilot has always been very FUN and active. He did NOT change, he just became more attached to us, rather than being on the prowel every time he sensed a female in ';heat';. He is a finer, more content, and absolutely Fun Filled, boy!! No territorial markings, and no anxiousness to seek females. He doesn't care.....and all his friends, female and male are all the same to him, now! It's wonderful! He's very happy, and very playful.
Mine is almost two and he was recently neutered. I think it was a kind thing to do for him (and for me!) He is the same as before except he hasn't been trying to mount my little spayed female and he's no longer whining and howling to visit the female down the street. Also he is a little more interested in food.
I adopted my dog from a rescue when he was 2 and surprisingly he was not neutered. (Usually the are already spayed/neutered when you adopt them).



Anyway, I did get him neutered and afterwards he was his same goofy self. No worries, he will be fine.



You can get a discount certificate on friendsofanimals.org and it is $65 for a neuter.

No comments:

Post a Comment