Saturday, November 20, 2010

How can I change my personality to become a tougher person?

I think I'm too caring for a guy and want to be like other guys. I'm not less masculine but It's considered a weakness and I want to be a stronger person like other guys.How can I change my personality to become a tougher person?
There is no such thing as too caring. I've been in your shoes. I get the impression that you are in your teens. I know how cruel kids can be. I got harassed constantly in school for just this reason. So when I graduated I decided to do as you suggest. I turned into a cold self-centered buttwad. I didn't mean to but that's what happens when you mess with mother nature. In the process I hurt a lot of very fine people. Including my own daughter. Their are some things about ourselves that are not meant to be changed and when we try, all we do is make it worse. As you get older, I promise, you will find people that admire you for your caring ways. Caring about the world around you and the people in it means you're gonna get hurt. But that hurts a lot less than waking up one morning and realizing that you've left a path of emotional destruction in your wake. I spent 10 years making ammends for my mistakes and now that I am being true to myself, I have many wonderful relationships with caring people like me. Not to mention my daughter and I are very close and I'm going to Florida to meet Liam, my first granbaby, who was born March 26th. If we are going to have any meaningful success in our lives, we must be true to ourselves. As you mature you will naturally toughen up just to the right level. Be patient and I promise that you'll spare yourself and those around you a lot of pain. The one thing this screwed up world could use lots more of is people like you. Caring is the ultimate form of strength. It takes real courage to care because if you do, you're taking the chance of getting hurt. But it will make you strong, happy, healthy, successful, and loved beyond your wildest expectations. ';To thine own self be true.';How can I change my personality to become a tougher person?
Go beat up some little dudes, then you'll start caring less for the innocent.
You could start with public speaking courses, that really helps. Try any local public speaking courses. If you don't like working in groups, they have one to one. Trust me this is worth it, its a once in a life time thing. It will change your whole outlook on life.
go to serve army...i meant it...do it
Look everyone in the eyes, if someone is talking to you just look into his eyes at all times, it unnerves them. Toughness is 10% bluff and 90% blarney, (talk) 9 times out of 10 they will find a way out of any confrontation with someone who looks confident. If you can't think of something to say that doesn't make you look smart, then don't say anything, just smile, it unnerves them even more. They won't even realise you just can't think of anything intelligent to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment