Monday, November 22, 2010

How can I change my personality from being a introvert to being an extrovert?

Your personality is your personality - you can't change it entirely because it is the way you are wired. However, you can make some small changes that will help a lot in the long run. Being an introvert means that you find pleasure and happiness from doing activities that are done by yourself and that your energy is fulfilled from within yourself (e.g. reading, video games, hanging out with only 1-2 friends at a time). Alternatively, being an extrovert means that your energy and amusement comes from extroverted behavior, such as being around a lot of people. Therefore, if you want to have a more extroverted personality, you have to exhibit more extroverted behavior, such as attending larger parties with more than just a couple close friends attending at a time. However, don't try and go to a huge party all at once and think that you'll be comfortable coping with the drastic change. Instead, gradually work your way up to that level by attempting to initiate conversations more often with close friends, making new friends, and then going out more. Personality is something that is formed and shaped throughout your entire lifetime through both your genetics and your experiences. Therefore, changing your personality is something that takes a while. Be patient, though, and I'm sure that you'll see some improvements.

I'll give you first-hand advice: I am a junior in college right now. When I initially came to college my freshman year, I was VERY introverted and met hardly any people at all. However, I was unhappy by the time I was a sophomore and decided that I wanted to be more extroverted. I started out by doing more extroverted activities with my then-boyfriend (now we are engaged). Now I am a junior, and just this semester I have been able to comfortably attend parties and enjoy myself and meet new people.

One thing you have to have is CONFIDENCE - you can't make any changes to your personality until you fully accept the way you are now and know exactly what areas of your self that you want to improve. I gained my confidence through my RA position on campus, and you can find confidence in many areas of your own life, too.

If I can do it, I KNOW you can!How can I change my personality from being a introvert to being an extrovert?
Talk moreHow can I change my personality from being a introvert to being an extrovert?
I doubt you can change your personality for good because I doubt that people can change at all.

But in case your mind is dead set on becoming more social then yes, talk more. Communicate more. Go out more.
Buy a Ferrari. Get rich. Wear red. Learn to dance and drink. Host parties.
You can't, but you can gain social skills that help you work around the introversion. You can pretend, play-act for a while, acting extroverted (I'm introverted and have done this). But if you are indeed introverted, you are that for life. Best idea: Learn to live with it, and gain those social skills.



http://www.amazon.com/How-Talk-Anyone-Su



http://www.amazon.com/Ten-Days-Self-Este
Everybody isn't the same. Find happiness while being quiet.
when you find out let me know. I would say get out more %26amp; to place where you have to interact. even the grocery store or a video store where someone might strike up a covo or where you have to talk at check out. Even the routine check out can in time help lose up the doors. You could go to the movie theater %26amp; ask them about new movies when their not busy of course %26amp; use that as a way of starting a conversation. It's not so much what or how much is said just that you get more comfortable in speaking %26amp; especially starting the conversations. Small steps.......
Be available to opportunities where you can demonstrate talents and skills. The more responsible and dependable you are, the more people will likely complement and promote you. This is what happened to me and lead to my blossoming out.



Before this, however, I spent more time in a committed relationship with Jesus Christ (not religion!) talking to God, asking for help, etc.



Shy no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment